Breakfast with a twist.
You will love this stew. This stew is the most holistic stew and the healthiest breakfast you’ve ever eaten! This delicious stew is not only healthy and delicious – this stew even has the power to help you detox. All you have to do is take a look at the ingredients.
And as Grandpa said, “Nothing is good unless you do it.” So don’t just read it, cook it and immediately experience the healthy, invigorating effect.
This stew provides you with all the important and especially high-quality and healthy carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals and fiber first thing in the morning. Brown rice, vegetables, chickpeas, beans and seaweed give you just the right energy, stamina and mental clarity for your everyday life.
What’s that? Mental clarity via nutrition? Yes, of course! Read the article: Primary Nutrition and Secondary Nutrition.
Ingredients for the Holistic Breakfast Stew
- 5 carrots
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 celeriac
- 400 g brown rice, cooked
- 250 g chickpeas
- 250 g borlotti beans
- 40 g dried burdock root
- 10 g Arame – seaweed
- 1 tbsp mugi miso paste
- 3 l water (at will)
- 1 serving of sauerkraut as a side dish to the stew
- Products fermented with lactic acid, such as sauerkraut, are very healthy and have an alkalizing effect. Sauerkraut helps with detoxification.
- Lactic fermented products such as miso are very healthy and have an alkalizing effect. Miso helps detoxify.
- Seaweed is a source of minerals, is alkaline and has an alkalizing effect. Seaweed helps detoxify.
- Root vegetables such as burdock roots contain many minerals, are alkaline and have an alkalizing effect. Burdock roots help detoxify.
- Legumes are healthy for the intestines. You only have bloating when your gut has become weak and “lazy”. It’s like exercising – a little intestinal muscle soreness.
Prearrangement for the Holistic Breakfast Stew
We recommend – in principle – that you soak the rice in cold water overnight and rinse it with cold water in the morning (arsenic).
If you use dried legumes, then soak them overnight as well. With canned legumes, pay particular attention to their ingredients and rinse them thoroughly under cold water.
Preparation of the Holistic Breakfast Stew
Cut 5 carrots, 3 small zucchini and 1 celeriac into small cubes.
Put the dried burdock roots and the Arame seaweed in a large pot with 2-2.5 l of water. Boil the whole thing once and then let it simmer on low for 20 minutes until the burdock roots and Arame seaweed are soft.
In the next step, add 250 g chickpeas and 250 g borlotti beans and continue to simmer everything together on a low heat.
At the same time, cook the brown rice.
After another 15 minutes, add the carrots, zucchini and celeriac and continue to simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes – until the vegetables are tender.
If necessary, add more water if you feel that there is not enough liquid.
Finally, add the cooked brown rice and the mugi miso paste.
The stew keeps well in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. You can add 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil. Coconut oils are very healthy medium chain fatty acids. We recommend sprinkling 1 tablespoon of gomashio (homemade sesame salt) over the stew – this rounds it off perfectly. You can find our gomashio recipe here: https://en.vivoterra.com/selbstgemachtes-gomashio/.