This superfood omelette is high in vegetables that are detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, high in hormones, and high in nutrients. Brussels sprouts and cabbage provide folic acid and glucosinolates, which help your body detoxify itself. Algae are full of minerals and help bind heavy metals; Avocados are loaded with healthy, monounsaturated and saturated fats; And Cilantro also helps with detoxification.
- 2 large cabbage leaves, halved lengthways
- 4 Brussels sprouts, cut and halved
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 5 large free-range egg whites
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 (1/2) nori seaweed sheet (toast and then crumble)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of white truffle oil (optional, for garnish)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When it boils, add a large pinch of sea salt. Add the cabbage leaves and Brussels sprouts and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well.
Place the 3 eggs in a medium mixing bowl and then add the 5 egg whites. Beat the eggs together and season with salt and black pepper, season to taste.
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the eggs and immediately turn the heat on low. Tilt the pan several times to distribute everything evenly.
As soon as the eggs start to set, top them with the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Sprinkle the cilantro and dill over the omelette. At the end, pour the crumbled nori seaweed over the omelet.
Cover the pan and let the omelette simmer over the lowest possible heat for 5 minutes.
Fold the omelette in half and cut it into 4 sections. Garnish each part with a few slices of avocado and a drizzle of truffle oil. Serve immediately.